It’s not always about donating money or time. Sometimes it is the seemingly small gestures that create a ripple effect and that is what Lighthouse’s ‘Shine Your Light’ Generosity in Action is all about.
Here is how it works.
- Email me here for our beautiful ‘Shine Your Light’ cards. I can drop them off if you are in Whistler or mail some to you so you can spread the light further afield!
- Get out there and do something nice for someone. It can be any gesture and doesn’t need to cost money. Scroll down for some ideas. When you do that, give them a ‘Shine Your Light‘ card and ask that they pass on the card with an act of generosity towards someone else.
- Come back to this page and share your experience and how it brightened your day — whether you are the one giving or the one getting.
Now get out there and make someone’s day!
Some Ideas to Put Generosity in Action:
- Send a handwritten card to someone with a ‘Shine Your Light’ card tucked inside.
- Volunteer your time at the food bank, local school or anywhere.
- Pay someone a sincere compliment.
- Take some baked goodies to a friend or neighbour.
- Offer to babysit to give a parent a break.
- Pay for the person’s coffee in line.
- Walk someone’s dog for them.
- Offer someone business advice… just because.
But no matter what you choose, don’t forget to leave them a ‘Shine Your Light’ card so they can pay it forward.
Someone chose to brighten your day and did something nice for you. Please share your experience below.